When beautifying a home’s interior, most of the measures employed aim to give it a luxurious appeal, while others give the home a simple and unique appeal. The home’s interior appearance depends on the homeowner’s choices. Some of the measures employed in beautifying a home’s interior involve flowers, window and door coverings like veri shades, etc.
Window and door coverings are constant methods used to beautify a home’s interior as they can satisfy any desired appeal in a home. However, there are different forms of window coverings ranging from blinds to curtains and more. Different individuals prefer different coverings for their unique benefits.
However, it is possible to have a covering that shares both a blinds and a curtains’ qualities. These coverings are known as verishades. This following seeks to highlight everything you need to know about veri shades, from their limitations to their benefits.
What Are Veri Shades?
Veri shades are a new type of covering that incorporates the modern and free-flowing feature of traditional curtains and combines them with the flexibility of traditional blinds. They exist in different colors and are made from a fabric which features a set of folds to retain the appearance of blinds. These are one of the go-to window coverings for people torn between the choice of traditional curtains and blinds as a window covering.
Reasons to Consider Veri Shades as Next Window Covering
The reasons to choose Veri Shades as your home’s window coverings are outlined through the benefits of installing Veri Shades. These benefits are:
- Flexibility: The limitation associated with blinds and traditional curtains is that there are specific areas they cannot be used in. An example of this is sliding doors. However, Veri slides are suitable for any area in the house as they can offer opaque or translucent covering.
- Child and pet-friendly: VeriShades feature a wand or are motorized; thus, they do not have chains or ropes that can pose any threat to the livelihood of young children or pets at home. Young children have known to become entangled in the ropes or chains of traditional curtains or blinds, making them less ideal for homes with kids or pets.
- Functionality: The wand gives you control to switch between an opaque and translucent effect if you wish to reduce the lighting in a room or increase it. Also, you do not need to slide the slides one way for a clear pathway because you can easily walk through the slides.
- Easy to maintain: Veri Shades feature an Ultraviolet resistant fabric that rarely fades and is resistant to soiling, making it very easy to clean. Cleaning is further made easy because each fold can be detached and cleaned.
There is only one drawback associated with Veri shades. And that is privacy. They are not the ideal slides to install in areas where you want to ensure maximum privacy. The fabric is designed to filter lighting that enters a building, giving you control over the amount of light that enters the building.
Specific features distinguish Veri slides from other coverings. These features are:
- Set of fabric blades: These blades are free-flowing and made from soft fabrics, effectively filtering light that enters the home.
- Track: This casement houses the set of fabric blades clipped together.
- Wand: This is used to control the motion of the blades for filtering the amount of light entering the home. In some Veri slides, it is replaced with a motor.
VeriShades are sometimes referred to as clever shades because of their unique features as they are the perfect blend of traditional curtains and blinds. They offer the stylish appeal of traditional curtains, along with the functionality of vertical blinds.
Veri Shades can be more expensive than alternative window treatments options, but like all other blinds, shutters and curtains, there are many factors that influence their price, such as the size of your windows, the difficulty of installation (assuming you are going to pay a professional to install them), and the type of material used.
Veri Shades are made of soft fabrics that are suspended between two layers of sheer fabric, giving them a unique aesthetic that is both alluring and functional. Like other window treatments, Veri Shades will more than likely need to be custom fitted to your windows, which can add to their cost.
The price of Veri Shades will also be affected by the supplier or retailer you choose. It’s always sensible to shop around and get quotes from multiple companies to compare prices and determine the best deal.
In summary, while Veri Shades can cost more than some other competing window treatment options, they allow you to effortlessly add an ultra-modern look and feel to your home, which can more than justify their purchase price.
Yes, Veri Shades can be used as a block out option. They have a single piece of fabric that has changeable opaque and sheer panels, enabling you to alter the degree of light that enters a room. When the opaque panels overlap with each other, they do an outstanding job at blocking out light and providing privacy, making Veri Shades a great option for bedrooms and other areas of the home where you may want the room blacked out completely during the day time, such as a home theatre room, for example .
That said, it’s important to note that while Veri Shades are great at blocking light out, they may not be able to totally block out 100% of all daylight, particularly if you live in an area that enjoys lots of sunlight. If you’re after a window treatment option that can block out maximum light, you may wish to consider blockout curtains or roller blinds that have been purposely designed for this.
- Start by using a soft brush or vacuum cleaner to get rid of all dust and debris. Use the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner to brush along the entire length of the Veri Shade fabric.
- For hard-to-remove stains or blemishes, clean the Veri Shades with a damp cloth. Be sure to only use a small amount of water, otherwise the fabric may become saturated.
- If a more comprehensive clean is required, remove the Veri Shades from the window altogether and submerge them in a bath filled with warm, soapy water. Carefully stir the shades in the bath and let them soak in the water for a few minutes.
- Once the material has been soaked, drain all water and rinse the Veri Shades with clean water. Repeat this process until the water runs is clean from soapy residue.
- Hang the Veri Shades back up to dry. It’s important that the shades are fully extended and all wrinkles and creases are smoothed out, while the fabric is still damp. Do not use a dryer or apply direct heat of any kind in an attempt to dry them, as this can ruin the fabric.
Note: These are general cleaning instructions and it’s always a good idea to check the manufacturer’s instructions for specific care and cleaning options for your particular Veri Shades, as some Veri Shade fabrics may require special attention.
Just fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible (usually within one business day).